losing too much weight on topamax

More
1 year 3 months ago #2694 by Sheila
Sheila replied the topic: losing too much weight on topamax
I do understand when you guys say that it makes you dumb. it makes you really DUMB! at least that's what it done for me when I was taking it. I am sure that I will never use it again. I have had a really hard time word recall and that's even at low doses but to be honest with you guys… this medication even scared the crap out of me (which is why I am not going to ever take it again). that's because it made my brain simply not able to recall names and addresses that I have known for a lot of years! that's really serious. that's why I developed the thought that it might do a permanent damage to the brain esp. if taken long term. not sure if that's true but I surely won't take it ever again. besides, I am not trying to say that this is going to happen to everyone taking it or that it indeed does permanent damage if taken, all I want to say is that it worked very strange for me and I don't want to risk taking it again since I perfectly know that it doesn't work as I want it to work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #2695 by BoweSer
BoweSer replied the topic: losing too much weight on topamax
personally I never took this medication, however I do know a few people taking it and that's how I've heard about few stories about some people who were using this medication to actually lose some weight, however they were not taking it as an epilepsy treatment… anyway, from as much as I have heard, the weight loss sometimes can be as fast as about 6 lbs of weight in about 2 or 3 weeks of taking it and this is quite surprising if you ask me… but anyway, I still think that it is much more up to the actual dosage you take as well as how your own body chemistry is responding to it too… but again, only my opinion. not a doctor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds