Alternatives for Anti Inflammatory meds

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #2941 by Beem
Hello everybody here. I must confess that I am not really knowledgeable in these things and in this area in general and this is the reason why I am now here: I would really like to talk with someone who is and to get some advices from you. What I really need to find out is whether is there such an anti inflammatory medication that is not so harsh on the stomach like the ibuprofen is? Is here someone who knows of such a medication? I would really appreciate all your recommendations on this. I am pretty sure that there must be such a medication because I do think that there must be people with stomach issues who still need the anti inflammatory effect from medications. I’ve gotta mention here that I am particularly being interested whether or not there is anything that could be used together with the fluoxetine (20 mg dose if that makes any changes). The reason behind why do I need it is because there are sometimes when I still have to use an anti inflammatory medications because of the delayed onset of the muscle soreness that I’m usually experiencing after I’m getting through extended exercise. Hope I will get some recommendations!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #2942 by Minnie
Hello OP, I can tell you that not so long ago I have started on the voltaren gel, since you need it for muscle soreness, I do think that it should do wonders for you and in regards to stomach issues – it doesn’t have any since it is being used topically… or at least I have not noticed to bother my stomach at all. I personally am using it because I am having a swollen gluteus maxima muscle so I’ve got to do something about it and voltaren gel has been recommended to me instead of ibuprofen so that’s why I recommend it to you too. I mean, I use it for muscle aches and you are searching for something also for muscle aches so I guess it should work for you too. I’m placing this gel right on that muscle and it does work well, it works exactly as well as ibuprofen does and it is working within 10 minutes or so, really fast. I have got to tell you that it is not too cheap with a script, though, and that is why you’ve got to shop around. You might want to check it yourself but from as much as I have seen, Walmart is having it the cheapest so I recommend you to start looking there first. And yeah, I was not sure whether does it interact with fluoxetine or not and I have searched up on drug interactions between these 2 and from as much as I have found, it doesn’t interact with fluoxetine. So I pretty much think that this is perfectly what you need: something that does wonders for muscle aches, that doesn’t bother stomach and can be taken along fluoxetine. I do think that it should be really good for you. Hope it would help or that at least you’re going to find one that would.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #2943 by Donna
Well, look, I am having back aches and in the past I have been taking ibuprofen. I started it slowly but then my back aching were getting worse and worse until I needed to take 800 mg of ibuprofen on a daily basis and that was already too much. It was working fine for my back and so it surely has its place in my life and generally for the pain relief I got from using it… however I must tell you that using such an amount of ibuprofen every single day was surely pointing to the ulcer direction so, until that go too much and too far, I decided to search for something that would help with back and that wouldn’t be asking for back ulcer and so I did and that’s why I recommend it to you. I have found that the medication called Meloxicam is working brilliantly for my needs and this is a medication designed to be very gently on your stomach as well, even though it is also a NSAID! I am using 15 mg of it 2 times per day and I can tell you that it really does a very good job in helping with my back, in fact I can say that it does an even better job than the 800 mg of ibuprofen a day and this doesn’t leads me towards to ulcer. Not sure how it would work for you though, but I do think that you must give it at least a try.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #2944 by Melissa
Hello OP, I must tell you that exactly as Donna, I am also using Meloxicam, and coincidentally, I am also using 15 mg of this stuff, I take it every night. As it was said up there, it is designed to be very gentle on stomach and that does seem to be true because I am having absolutely no GI issues while taking it. I must tell you that you are going to take it only with prescription but it is very cheap, from as much as I know it is around $ 4 prescriptions in the Wal mart if you are living in the US. Not sure if you can find the Meloxicam in other countries (though I am pretty sure that you would, but maybe under a different brand name), but I am not sure how cheap it would be there. Whatever the case, if you are in US then I recommend you to search for Meloxicam as it is really helpful, it is really cheap and you are not going to have any GI issues with it. I personally am using it strictly for arthritis that I have. I’ve gotta say that I am still using a lot of acetaminophen unfortunately (but I still making sure not to take anywhere more than 3000 mg a day) as well as the occasional tramadol too because the pains sometimes are taking over me. I gotta mention here that I do not usually use any other NSAIDs with it tho… I am not very sure what would happen if mixing NSAIDs with the acetaminophen as I have never tried in my life to do so…

In the end I just can say that even though I am still living in pains… I am a lot much more worse without using it and that’s why I am so thankful to this medication. And yeah, another thing here that I nearly forgot to mention is that I am also using Lexapro and Wellbutrin too and still – there are no dangerous interactions that I am being aware of, doubt that there would be any with fluoxetine, but I just don’t know it for sure so you’ve gotta search for it yourself.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #2945 by Galdamez
Hi there OP, if you want to, you can put me in as another vote for the Meloxicam. I tell you this since I also think that it is a very good medication for your needs without being harsh on stomach like ibuprofen. And yeah, 15 mg once, taken daily should really do the trick, or at least it does for me so I think that it should for you too. I can tell you that my doctor it is relentless in continuously asking me if this thing is giving me any stomach issues, however it works amazingly well for me in regards to this… I mean, I have absolutely no issues and I can take it anytime I want it… I can take it with and I can take it without food if I want to and I am still absolutely fine. To be honest, I am not really sure and I don’t know about the specific counter indications that it has (because I think that although it doesn’t have those that ibuprofen has, it most likely has others) and about the drug interactions. You’ve gotta search for them both and I really recommend you to search for them before taking it. Anyway, what I do know is that it is surely very inexpensive and the best thing is that this thing is working a lot much more better than any other OTC thing that I have ever tried myself which is strange for me… I mean, it is so inexpensive but so helpful, usually, the marketing thing is working the other way around – the more effective, the more expensive. Strangely not with this one.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #2946 by Speed
hi there guys, I just came here saying that I am also having an NSAID ulcer (I have been really really stupid in the past because I was already having gastric bypass and I was too stupid to listen about not using too much NSAIDs and, in fact, not taking any…). But anyway, now, since these are the medications that are actually doing something besides just trying to hide the pains – I am always asking my PCP to try some new ones and see how they are working. I’ve gotta say that the newest out of them all for me (and also the best so far for my tummy) it is zorvolex so I do recommend this one as I am honestly thinking it should be doing a great job with your aching. In fact, I’ve gotta say that it is the exact same medication as it is voltaren (you can google for this and see the information yourself) but it is in just some small doses in a capsules and this is the reason why it is intended to be taken 2 times per day instead of only one time. Well, look, I am not a doctor myself so I am just going to tell you what my doctor told me: from the way that he has explained it all to me (or maybe from as much as I just could understand from what he has told me, LOL), is its broken down as much as it is possible and so it is getting absorbed very and very easily and this is the reason why it is not really causing as much stomach acid and therefore it doesn’t have so much/ so big stomach issues.

I must warn you that unfortunately, this is an indeed very cheap stuff as it is really expensive, however, at least my PCP have had some samples as well as a coupon for this thing in order to get it delivered from a mail order pharmacy for only $ 10 or so, while it would have been around $ 300 or so at Walgreens. I am not very sure if that’s its price at Walgreen for sure but I just know that it is indeed expensive… now, I just cannot use any NSAIDs… that’s at least until I am going to reach the post 6 months ‘checkpoint’ on my fusion and to be honest, I really hate it. I hope that this is going to be helpful to you and that this medication would do the trick. All the best wishes to you!

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds