Citrulline effects

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2930 by Alivink
hey everyone, I want to get a bit of your expert advices here… I have ordered some L citrulline from E bay the other day and I have already tried it… I've only tried a dose, in water, I just wanted to see how it felt. I've gotta tell you… it has been VERY SOUR! I mean, I haven't expected that it is going to be like that… it was so much that I have had to add in some sweetener to drink it. well… I waited a little bit and felt differently, have not went to the gym. gotta say that also haven't expect but it has killed my appetite completely, I have had only a very tiny dinner… usually I'm not eating so little. however, the biggest problem and something that I surely have not expected is that then later, as I went to bed I have started to have an extremely terrible headache… I mean, it has been so so bad that I have been kind of FORCED to take 2 fioricet, some liquid advil, in order to be able to be able to sleep… well, I have waited for them to work but they have not as they were not enough to ease my pains up. well… I decided to go for something 'heavier' and so the next thing that I have taken has been a percocet. even so I was not in a full relief as only approximately half of the pain has been relieved… I mean… that's unbelievable… and that was surely terrible… never got such a headache… needless to say that I was barely able to sleep all night, I slept very few hours and very bad and then later, some hours later, I have had to take some more medications being desperate to get a relief.

of course, today, I started to search for answers and so I have done some reading about the L citrulline side effects and I have had that light bulb moment that's showing in the cartoons. I have read that this thing can lower blood pressure and since I am by nature a fairly fit person, this has been exactly the type of the headache that I have had yesterday night. there has been one time when I was in the hospital and they have decided to give me some HP medications… well… that was the first time when I have got the same awful headaches… I would never forget those extremely terrible headaches that I got then, they were so bad that I thought I'm in hell… well, this time it felt exactly the same. obviously because of the same thing… these type o headaches are just unbelievable and I really hope that I will never get anything similar anymore. doubt that I would ever risk to take it.
and yeah… I have paid around $17, shipped, for 300 grams of it. I mean… I do think that it is a good product, however I think I'll pass.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2931 by Galdamez
oh wow… that really sounds to be like a very scary experience you went through… sorry to hear that you have gotten so horrible headaches… I really doubt that this is an experience that you want to re- live again.
I do believe that it is enhancing blood flow, however that's just very overwhelming… as much as it seems… and plus to that, I can say that I was thinking that this thing is being supposed to help people to LOWER blood pressure, however your experience with this thing is really showing that this might not be really true…

in the end, I am just really glad that you are fine now… since you said that you had such a horrible headache… who knows what else might have happened… really glad that you are fine. and yeah… I would pass too. good luck and wish you never to go through anything similar!

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2932 by Alivink

I do believe that it is enhancing blood flow, however that's just very overwhelming… as much as it seems… and plus to that, I can say that I was thinking that this thing is being supposed to help people to LOWER blood pressure, however your experience with this thing is really showing that this might not be really true…

umm… look… this is, in fact, my point… I mean, it DID has LOWERED my blood pressure! this is what I was trying to say in my first post… and as I said, there was one time that I have been in the hospital… and for some unknown for me reasons, they gave me some kind of a medicine that would lower my blood pressure (I guess a medication for people with high blood pressure, not sure). and as I said in my first post, as soon as I have been given that medication, I have had an instant horrible headache that I was not able to deal with, the same as the headache I have got now. that's why I said that I got the light bulb. back in the hospital they lowered my blood pressure with a blood pressure reducing medication and I got the same horrible and insupportable headache that I have got now with this medication I took - therefore, it did reduced my blood pressure. the exact same kind of headache I have got now after I have used l citrulline, which, as you said, it is supposed to lower the blood pressure. I just know this… people are thinking that high blood pressure is creating headaches… however, not for me… for me it is opposite, that's for sure! now I know it!

as I have said it earlier, I am fit by nature but besides I am doing cardio as well several times per week, therefore my blood pressure is already low. I definitely do not need to get it even lower… otherwise, as you can see… the headaches are… impossible to deal with.

in the end, I am just really glad that you are fine now… since you said that you had such a horrible headache… who knows what else might have happened… really glad that you are fine. and yeah… I would pass too. good luck and wish you never to go through anything similar!

as for this, thank you very much… I am fine now and I surely don't want to get through anything similar… those headaches are…. horrible… thanks for your very kind and supportive words.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2933 by Galdamez
oh yeah… same as that… and I am getting dizzy from it too…

I do know what you are talking about because when I have been pregnant, all of them doctors have been amazed as my blood pressure never got above 120/ 60. anyway… glad that you are fine now! good luck!

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2934 by Nellie
very well… I did have used Citrulline Malate and I did loved it a lot! I'm sorry you have had such an experience with L Citrulline but my experience with it was pure amazing. the only difference that I can say between the 2 being that the CM is having an added bonded malic acid in order to enhance the absorption.

well… I have gotten away from the gym in recent months, however, the Citrulline Malate it is actually one of the very few supplements that I am actually suggesting to people (as I usually do not suggest anything, nearly, at all). but unfortunately, you have had a bad experience with it… really sorry… I would feel bad if I would recommend this to someone and they told me that they had such an experience. but anyway.. in the end we all know that everybody is responding differently to it and to everything else. I do know very well, from some recent studies that I have read, that properly dosed (6 - 8 g PWO), CM has been proved to have a positive effect on endurance. I do remember when I have firstly started to use some supplements myself, I have been taking nearly everything that I just could find… but I was searching for them… for all of them. in short, I took everything under the sun… of course, I was trying to experiment… well, nowadays it is creatine, citrulline malate and beta alinine but even those are only making a very subtle difference either. unfortunately. too bad one of them is giving you such headaches… but anyway, you might want to go for the other 2 and see how they are working for you… hopefully better than citrulline. good luck and take care !

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #2935 by Marin19
wow… that's really bad that you have had such an experience from using that stuff… very sorry for you. if there wouldn't be those headaches I would recommend to continue taking them as they are really helpful. at least for me. I am using L Citrilline Malate along with the L arginine and beets as a dilator before I am going to my workouts and I can tell you that I really love it, absolutely love it as they are very helpful! I have never had those problems that you have described there. but as it was said by someone else, maybe you would be better with other supplements? try them out…

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds