blood pressure meds and side effects

More
1 year 7 months ago #2294 by BoweSer
BoweSer created the topic: blood pressure meds and side effects
Hi all. can you help me a little bit? I have been having problems and dealing with high blood pressure for the last year and it is quite hard to deal with it. both medexpress and walgreen clinic told me that it is very high, but even so, none of them is diagnosing or treating it so well I am helpless now. my only insurance now it is money so while I am trying to deal with it natural ways by exercising more, changing my eating plans etc. etc. I was still very worried about this issue so I thought about trying to get my blood pressure of 180/120 down with some blood pressure medications. I have tried some of them and it seemed to me that calcium channel blockers have had the fewest side effects out of them all and I have had access to adalat oros either, however I am really hesitant about trying out this one because while I was trying to search for information I found about its side effects and they sound really terrible to me. so well, I am currently wondering if maybe I am going to be better off just trying to go the natural route only and not to use any blood pressure medications since they are too bad or at least that’s what it seems. Is there anybody who can speak about the side effects of the blood pressure medications? someone who has any knowledge or experience regarding them? anything can help so I was wondering maybe there’s somebody who can say more generally because I do know that everybody is different and therefore can react differently to the medications and have different side effects, but even so I would need to know whether are they so bad as they sound to be? thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2295 by Hapsylle
Hapsylle replied the topic: blood pressure meds and side effects
Going off only by the natural route it is an extremely bad idea as you should get an ER visit immediately! blood pressure of 180/120 is definitely an ER visit range and that’s especially if you have such a bp while you keep exercising and eating well. I have no intentions to scare you out but this really should be addressed by a professional immediately. I find it extremely strange that you’ve been said these bp numbers at a clinic and they sent you home like that. you need to go immediately because it is going to cost you less than $100 since you don’t have an insurance which is not that much but you need to pay for it and to see a NP or a PA at a Minute Clinic, Urgent Care etc. and there you need to get (you will get with such a blood pressure) an prescription for blood pressure medications, which, by the way, are also very often quite cheap so you won’t have big financial problems to afford them. and that’s a MUST do since such a bp is nothing to walk around. Besides, I beg you NOT TO try to simply pick a bp medication of your own and then to simply hope for the best and hope that you’ve got the right one. not taking any bp meds or simply picking one of your own choice with a 180/120 bp it is like playing out with fire when you do either one of them. I am telling you all of this since I am working as a registered nurse so I am just trying to help you by saying that there are hundreds and hundreds of bp medications that are having all different purposes, side effects and profiles given to different people with different needs and so on and so forth. But one sure thing is that you need to do something about it right now due to the fact that your bp is really dangerously high. As soon as you see this message please – I beg you to see a physician assistant, a physician, a nurse practitioner or you need to go to the ER right now. you definitely should not try to order online some bp medications that you have no idea what are they for and that’s especially if you have not been diagnosed by a qualified professional medical practitioner firstly. You shouldn’t be playing around with it!

More
1 year 7 months ago #2296 by BoweSer
BoweSer replied the topic: blood pressure meds and side effects
Thank you very much for your input Hapsylle, I deeply appreciate the fact that you posted and want to help. I can only guess that as soon as I have read those side effects of those medications, though, I really did not want absolutely “any” of them at all, and that doesn’t really matter of the diagnose and prescription or not. besides that, I need to tell you that I am also having an really big embarrassment factor with this entire thing that it is really very hard to overcome for me. and yeah, I need to say it – yes I do know that this is ridiculous and I also think that this is ridiculous, nevertheless this is still an obstacle for me.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2297 by OnlyUser
OnlyUser replied the topic: blood pressure meds and side effects
Hello BoweSer, I need to tell you that I do have a lot of experience with blood pressure medications because I have been on them for years now and I can tell you that there were some of them that were pretty good and some of them were not that good. so well, after a good while (took about 6 or 7 of them) and after experimenting and going through trial and error – the doctor has put me on a medication that really does work very well and it really does seem to have absolutely no side effects for me. this required to go through “bad” meds either (it doesn’t mean that they are bad at all, it only means that they do not work well for me) and also required some time. but without getting through this you’re never going to get what you need. But you do need to get something and that’s because you’re at the beginning. You can let it like that and not using any medications, but if you do and you let your blood pressure to go for a long time like that then sooner or later your kidneys likely will blow out and you are going to be in the line awaiting for a transplant in no time if you want to live. But besides kidney issues there are also lots and lots of other possible issues that can and will occur if you do not treat high blood pressure. But I have to say that I do have a feeling that I do know why you do not want to go to see a doctor (or a nurse) about this. and I have to say that you are wrong, you shouldn’t be, you should go and you shouldn’t risk with your life because of this, because that’s what you’re doing right now – you literally risk with your life. and I am sorry if this sounds rude but I need to tell you the truth – yeah that’s sounds ridiculous and you need to get through that obstacle and the sooner you do – the better for you. but to help you a bit, I can assure you that every medical professional, especially these days, has seen it all, there is very hardly anything out there that would be phasing them. trust me. so please go and get yourself taken care of – that’s really what you need right now!

More
1 year 7 months ago #2298 by Aeri4ood
Aeri4ood replied the topic: blood pressure meds and side effects
You’ve truly got to carefully listen to the warning that Hapsylle has told you and you should follow her advices! you need to get to a doctor/ER as soon as it is possible in case your blood pressure is indeed that high! Or at least that’s what I would do if I would be you – I would go to the ER quickly. My blood pressure has been 165/100 once and that was enough for me to do so and to get really scared out. you need to get yourself a blood pressure medication and stop being scared of the side effects. indeed they do have some side effects but they are not THAT bad and in case you do end up being put on a bp medication (the worst case) that’s going to give you SO bad side effects then you simply stop taking it and start taking another one and that’s it. not a big deal. But blood pressure of 180/120 is a really big deal. But I can assure you that bp medications are not that bad. I am quite sure that you started to read on the internet what kind of side effects bp meds have and obviously that you’ve been given the worst ones, but such cases are extremely rare. Usually they have very mild side effects. like for example, I personally have been on some different blood pressure medications and some of them had very little and mild side effects while others had no side effects at all. what you really should be worried right now is to find a medication that would start working and get your blood pressure back within the normal range.
Later, when you are going to be on a blood pressure medication given to you by prescription by a physician then there are going to be some things that you could do naturally in order to help to keep your blood pressure lower, however this is heart attack numbers. Maybe later, when you are going to have a perfect diet and you will be exercising for a lot of time you’re not going to need a bp medication or maybe by doing that you’re going to keep your bp medication dosage at bay. Whatever the case, right now there’s no doubt that you need to go to see a doctor and get a high blood pressure medication prescription! I wish you good luck!

More
1 year 7 months ago #2299 by Jennifer
Jennifer replied the topic: blood pressure meds and side effects
Hello Boweser. I just want to tell you that there’s my husband who had high blood pressure either and exactly as you he has refused to address it. we (in fact, he) has been extremely lucky in the fact that his high blood pressure has only been causing a very severe nose bleed alone, but there are some other things that occur due to the high blood pressure and they are much more dangerous than nose bleed (now imagine yourself what might it have been happened in case the high blood pressure would have manifested itself in some other, more dangerous, way? so anyway, his ER visit has only been suturing the exploded vessels. Once again, he has been extremely lucky and thanks goodness that he has been, that it was not a heart attack or a stroke. Doctor there said that he had all chances to have either one and, in fact, it should already have happened. Once again, it is only the fact that my partner got lucky! what I am trying to say is that if my husband would have had waited for a bit of more time, luck wouldn’t save him anymore. and regarding your situation remember that you might not be as lucky as my husband did and you might end up with something more severe than nosebleed. So well, it is obvious that everybody else here is definitely right about the fact that you surely should be getting something done about this. that alternative idea that you’ve been thinking about the non treatment (or only natural treatment) of such a high blood pressure as it is yours then it is definitely not a good thing!

I’ve got to say that I am not a healthcare professional here or anything in this matter, however I see that Hapsylle is one and she already has said exactly the same in her post. Besides, I see here other people who does know at least something about high blood pressure telling you the same. People who has knowledge and experience about this as you asked. I honestly think that you are going to do a very big mistake if you are not going to follow these people’s recommendations! Regarding your fear of going to a doctor – people are also right, they deal with people like you every day and there’s nothing to be embarrassed of. regarding the side effects of the blood pressure medications – they are definitely not that bad. Yes, sometimes they might be annoying and sometimes you might wish not to take them at all, but they are not dangerous, while if you won’t take anything then that’s dangerous. Besides, comparing the side effects of blood pressure medications with the side effects of stroke or heart attack? Should I really say anything more about this? I hope you’ve got my point and you would do the right thing for your own well being.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds