I need info on Benicar 20mg

More
4 days 12 hours ago #2878 by HUKI
hello there everyone. I am now using benicar and I have some questions if you could help me with. please. well, I take benicar and my blood pressure still is 170/115 when I am waking up in the morning while I am using those medications. it has been one week now since I am taking these medications and today my reading showed that it is 126/ 73 and I can tell you that this is the lowest reading that I have ever seen since I have been in my 20s or so and I'm 48 years old now. what I try to say is that this thing does seem to do a good job, not sure but that what it seems, so I would like to find out more about Benicar HCT 20 mg. I would really like to know if here is someone who has ever used this drug (or maybe still uses it) as I would really really like to talk with you because I want to know what was/ is your experience with this medication. also I would really like to find out more about the side effects that this medication has and about the long term use problems if there are some. that is why, if you are/ or have been a long term user of this medication, what you have noticed? what you can say about this medication? generally, I try to make my own research on benicar 20 mg and I will d it further, however I would really like to talk with someone who has already used it and I can help me more. please. thank you in advance to all of you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 12 hours ago #2880 by Myers
hey there OP, I can tell you that I have been on blood pressure medications for about the last 5 years or so and that's why there is something I can tell you in regards to them (and I also consider myself already a long term user of blood pressure reducers). I must tell you that I am in physically a good shape and I am watching my diet pretty closely but even, I really cannot seem to be able to get my diastolic pressure down without using medications. I mean, I did have tried lots of all natural things, I was trying to exercise regularly (and still try), I try to keep extra weight away, I try to watch my diet etc. etc. but the diastolic number still remains high. my doctor told me that there are such cases when people can't get their numbers down without meds. and yeah, now, I can say that I am damn sure that my coffee and my diet coke habit is not helping me at all (though I did have tried to stop them both for a while and the number was still high), however I am still not going to live on a diet of just hot water and kale because to me that's just too much. LOL.

unfortunately, although I use them for the last 5 years now, I still can't say anything about the long term effects as I don't know anything about them. what I can say (from as much as I think about it and from the last 5 years experience) is that there isn't anything bad, and EVEN IF there IS something that is bad in the long term effects the I'm damn sure that it is still a lot much more better than to have a stroke! having high blood pressure for a long term then that's what is really dangerous! my doctor did have tried me on a few of other different lower cost generics but I personally just could not handle the side effects I got from them. maybe this is different for other people, I can't be sure, but for me they were really bad! what I can say is that I do very well remember when I have been using lisinopril and I have nearly died from cotton mouth! you just have to find that blood pressure reducing drug that it is for you. there are a lot of them and they are all different, you must find the one that works well for you. if benicar is for you then go with it. as I said, lisinopril made me go through bad side effects which nearly made me pass away, but I do know that for other people lisinopril is working amazing for them. but in the same time, they just can't resist taking benicar, but I personally have not experienced any noticeable side effects from using Benicar and with this medication my blood pressure is being very well controlled. if you do decide to be on it then I would suggest you to check out the benicar official website because there you might find some really amazing money savings coupons and that's even if you are having health insurance. I didn't know about this for a good while and I then realized that I just lost a lot of money. that's why I recommend you to do this and to try saving your money.

whichever the case, if you are on it for a while and you see that your blood pressure is better and that you do not get any side effects from it then stay on it. I would much rather recommend staying on drugs than walking around with high blood pressure. I guess you do perfectly know that high blood pressure is absolutely nothing to mess with… there are reasons why high blood pressure it is called the 'silent killer' and it's true if it's left untreated. so I hope this is going to help you a bit.

More
4 days 12 hours ago #2881 by Nellie
oh wow, myers, I perfectly understand what you are talking about. firstly I want to put in light this part you wrote:

my doctor did have tried me on a few of other different lower cost generics but I personally just could not handle the side effects I got from them. maybe this is different for other people, I can't be sure, but for me they were really bad! what I can say is that I do very well remember when I have been using lisinopril and I have nearly died from cotton mouth! you just have to find that blood pressure reducing drug that it is for you. there are a lot of them and they are all different, you must find the one that works well for you. if benicar is for you then go with it. as I said, lisinopril made me go through bad side effects which nearly made me pass away, but I do know that for other people lisinopril is working amazing for them. but in the same time, they just can't resist taking benicar, but I personally have not experienced any noticeable side effects from using Benicar and with this medication my blood pressure is being very well controlled. if you do decide to be on it then I would suggest you to check out the benicar official website because there you might find some really amazing money savings coupons and that's even if you are having health insurance. I didn't know about this for a good while and I then realized that I just lost a lot of money. that's why I recommend you to do this and to try saving your money.

that's just SOOO annoying… arrrrrrrggggh. i know that this is a side effects well known but those who do get this they are… well, unfortunate. like me and you. my doctor has prescribed that medication called lisinopril to me because of my high blood pressure and told me that it would help. back then I didn't know about such a side effect but the problem was that he prescribed me that thing while I have a… chronic cough diagnosis… oh… can you imagine the struggle? from as much as I remember, I think that I ate around 3 bags of Ricola until he has changed it. oh.. that was really bad..

plus to that, I also do agree with you on your last part either:

whichever the case, if you are on it for a while and you see that your blood pressure is better and that you do not get any side effects from it then stay on it. I would much rather recommend staying on drugs than walking around with high blood pressure. I guess you do perfectly know that high blood pressure is absolutely nothing to mess with… there are reasons why high blood pressure it is called the 'silent killer' and it's true if it's left untreated. so I hope this is going to help you a bit.

high blood pressure must be reduced and it must be reduced as soon as possible, the sooner the better, that's just not a diagnosis that you can leave untreated. it is indeed a silent killer so if you do have chronic high blood pressure, better treat it now.

More
4 days 11 hours ago #2882 by Myers
oh yeah, yes yes yes! now that you have brought it up here, I also should say that I have had that horrible and extremely annoying dry cough. it doesn't sound as bad since it seems that it's just a cough. but oh my god. that was unbelievable hard to live with it. but the embarrassment whenever when you should be quiet? the pain in chest? the struggle to fall asleep? that's just so bad… are you doing fine on the benicar in the regards of the side effects profile? do you think (in your opinion and experience) that benicar is better in this regard? it is obvious that each medication has its own side effects and general side effects profile, but I still wanted to ask your opinion on this. I can remember that I read somewhere (or maybe my doctor told me, not sure) that there are some patients who have reported to have diarrhea while they were on Benicar which, again, doesn't sound to be like a horrible side effect, but I imagine it must be very annoying. whichever the case, I just know that typically, benicar is quite well tolerated by most patients. as for me, if you want to ask me too, I have not had any problems with it (my body seems to tolerate it well, we're all different, I do know this) and my numbers have been great. how about you?

More
4 days 10 hours ago #2883 by Nellie
I am just thinking that this is really stupid, isn't it? I mean, come on… that's just pure stupidity for a doctor, who is a DOCTOR and he must be an intelligent thinking person… what I am talking about is that why on the earth would a doctor PCP (who is having access to all of my records, of course) prescribe me a medication that it is having a high frequency of cough to me, to a patient who is known to have 'chronic cough'? I just can't find the logic… it's like I have a problem that I fall asleep everywhere and anywhere but the doctor is prescribing me a medication that makes me even more sleepy, like sedatives or something. I've read about lisinopril and I've seen that it is one of the most famous and most prescribe stuff for high blood pressure so I just thought that he gave it to me out of 'getting used'. I mean it's something like: 'oh, you have high blood pressure? go take lisinopril' without even checking either I have some conditions that are counter indicated for me or either am I using another drug which can cause dangerous interactions. I have a feeling like they are not looking at patients at each individually, but as a group. high blood pressure group, insomniacs group, pain group etc. etc. and for each 'group' one medication. anyway, I am sorry for my rant, that's just something that seems pretty unfair to me. whatever the case, my blood pressure it is now fine since I am on the medication and I generally feel better. no side effects annoys me so far.

More
4 days 10 hours ago #2884 by Myers
yeah, you are right, that part… *I am just thinking that this is really stupid, isn't it? I mean, come on… that's just pure stupidity for a doctor, who is a DOCTOR and he must be an intelligent thinking person… what I am talking about is that why on the earth would a doctor PCP (who is having access to all of my records, of course) prescribe me a medication that it is having a high frequency of cough to me, to a patient who is known to have 'chronic cough'? I just can't find the logic…*
it really does sound to be very strange to me, not sure why would a doctor do it? maybe forgot about the fact that either you having chronic cough or that the medication has such a side effect? not sure what to say? or maybe, perhaps, the doctor who prescribed it to you was just hoping that the side effects is not going to affect you and maybe, in his opinion, he thought that specifically that medication would work the best for you? I'm just sorry that this happened to you and I am really hoping that it won't happen again. who knows what was going through his (or maybe her?) mind then? whatever the case, I am just happy that you and your blood pressure is now fine with no side effects.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds