Lyrica, pregablin thread

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #2916 by MaryJ
MaryJ created the topic: Lyrica, pregablin thread
hey there all… there is somebody out there who has been telling me that those pills are starting to get faked nowadays. these things are not scheduled in the UK, and so I am hoping that I am not breaking any laws if I am going to be talk about these things here… what's interesting and what made me think about talk about is that I have noticed that there are some pharmacy's who are selling Lyrica at a little bit more expensive price than what it is sold Pregablin. but the interesting thing is that now, since according to EU regs drugs practically are having to be quite identical in the terms of prices…
why there are people who are willing to pay so so much more EXTRA for getting Pfizer Lyrica/ preg, than to say the activis, TEVA, BLP Pregablin. I really want to ask and to get an certain answer to this question… when it comes to this drug, does it really make a difference? I mean… is there a true difference? if that's so can you tell me WHY? please.

also I really want to ask you people… since the Pfizer has already lost its patent… Pfizer it is asking chemist to report GP's who are prescribing the cheaper version of this drug. the GP is getting around this by using the off label loop hole. I saw that they are able to get around prescribing guidelines by saying some kind of nonsense like for example that the patient has been just so so anxious about his next bout of the fibro related pain onset that we just had no other option to just give him Teva preg and therefore he has not been soley prescribed a non Pfizer based upon fibro pain we considered general anxiety and so on and so forth. you just would not believe the type of pen pushing nonsense the family doctors have to do, and also they are getting paid even EXTRA more for just telling people that they are overweight, that they are overweight as long as they just take the patient's weight and record it. and therefore, just in case the patient waddles out wheezing with the NEW knowledge that weighing 250 pounds may have a negative effect on their health it is being worth paying doctors in order to tell them this as they clearly do not listen and they do not believe vegetables are good, processed fat are bad health service announcement about all of the dangers of being overweight that we in the UK here are being bombarded with nearly all of the time continuously… without stopping. I've gotta say that without doing the latter, (recording the patient is like 20 stone etc.) they are not going to get pain for stating the bleeding obvious. so just think of it…

well… they ought to back to bringing it was far much more efficient and those of us with pharma ISA's would be much better off. I just can't understand why can Pfizer out those legal holes in place (in fact… I do understand… they are in fact doing this because of money), however according to pharmacologist as well as EU regs on the medicine pfizer Lyrica should not be absolutely any BETTER than another accompanies pregablin due to the fact that only the fillers and stuff like this etc. can be different.
I'm confused? all of this mentioned above is my opinion and that's why I ask you… do you think I'm confued? anybody here know the answer to this? please, I would really want to get some answers on this.

and plus to that, can you please tell me… has anyone else here ever heard that FAKE pregab and Lyrica to be on the streets sold? to be sold by vendors and so on and so forth? in short that it is started to be out there. plus to all of this, from as much as I know, this is a legal drug here in the UK, but then again, from as much as I know. I started to think that I might be wrong because I am pretty sure that I have read somewhere online about some people mentioning that, in fact, it is not. I'm not very sure how true that is. also, I am not very sure about the US, however I am pretty sure that it is not being a widely abused drugs to the extent that it is illegal. please someone, help me clear all of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #2917 by Speed
Speed replied the topic: Lyrica, pregablin thread
hi there, unfortunately I'm not really able to help you with much, but I still hope that what I would say would be helpful. well, I personally have not really heard about the Lyrica and Pregablin to be copied and faked and although I'm by far not a big expert, I doubt that they are. the reason I think so is that I have been prescribed both of them to try for anxiety and I can say with certitude that none of them has worked for me. but generally, thinking by the way they worked at all… I simply cannot see a reason for them being abused… not sure…

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #2918 by DixonK
DixonK replied the topic: Lyrica, pregablin thread
I really wanted to comment on this part: * hi there, unfortunately I'm not really able to help you with much, but I still hope that what I would say would be helpful. well, I personally have not really heard about the Lyrica and Pregablin to be copied and faked and although I'm by far not a big expert, I doubt that they are. the reason I think so is that I have been prescribed both of them to try for anxiety and I can say with certitude that none of them has worked for me. but generally, thinking by the way they worked at all… I simply cannot see a reason for them being abused… not sure…*

Lyrica did has helped me with my anxiety when I was put on it (which, I am not sure, but I think that is FDA approved for anxiety some places in EU), it is off label here in the US and it is being mainly prescribed for the nerve pain. However, it is still not as good as it sounds to be and that's because the only thing that I know for sure in regards to Lyrica is that in a matter of 7 mos - it has completely and totally changed me as a person, and trust me, that's not in a good way at all. I mean, after taking it for a while, I was not the person that I used to be anymore. It changed me, and although it got me rid of anxiety, I still won't ever take it anymore… I know this: I, unfortunately, have had every single of the freaking negative side effect that was on the darn list. with the absolutely worst of them being edema, the loss of coordination as well as loss of brain and memory function… well, to say it in other words to make it clearer, this stuff was making me stupid, literally. but those are the worst mental conditions but it also had some extremely bad physical effects on me as I have gained around 30 lbs or maybe even more in that 7 months period that I have been on this drug and I can tell you with certitude that this effect really sucked a lot as the weight gain is AWFUL for me. I know that's something really bad for everyone, but I say that it is so bad for me because of some things… one of them being that I have never had a weight issue in my entire life and I never thought that I ever would… the reason is that I am an athlete and I have ran a lot of half marathons as well as a few 26.2 milers. generally, I used to have a very active and very healthy life style as I am eating very healthy every day and I was also exercising every single day too. even if, for example, I was relaxing on Sundays, I was still at least walking few miles. all of that in combination with good diet. having this said, there was simply absolutely no explanation for that drastic weight gain that I have experienced. so, being an athlete that is having an active life style and a very healthy diet, I was still gaining weight, of course this has been extremely depressive for me which, as we all know, depression leads to other health issues as well. and plus to that, I am a female too… weight gain for females is much worse than for males… and trust me, I did have tried to lose weight or at least to stop the phenomenon of weight gain, however, it doesn't matter how much I tried and what I was doing like altering my exercising and my nutrition… all for no avail, in the end, the lyrica still won.

and so… when I have seen where it all goes and when I saw what I have reached… I finally told myself that enough was enough, that I must stop with this medication because the side effects were clearly outweighing the benefits so I had to stop with it. I knew about the withdrawals from immediately stopping with it and so I have tapered down a little bit but then I couldn't take it no more and although I knew that the withdrawals would get me, I simply cut it out. I do think that it was most likely much sooner than I should have and this is why the withdrawal has been the absolutely worst thing that I have ever had and ever went through. I mean, honestly, I am not exaggerating, this was the worst experience that I ever had and I wouldn't wish anyone else to get through anything similar. and this experience went on and on, I was starting to think that it won't ever stop. I was feeling so bad and it persisted for so long that I started to think that it wouldn't ever stop. it was so so bad that every single day was feeling like one MONTH and I was really thinking/ feeling as if there was no end in my sight… no light at the end of the tunnel. and trust me this was reaaaaally long and really bad. especially worse were the first days, of course, but I have taken my last dosage around 6 weeks ago (even a few days more) and I am just now starting to feel like myself again. but with the exception of the energy levels which still doesn't seem to appear. I mean, I stopped 6 weeks ago and more but I still can feel it. I can still feel the withdrawals. this isn't fun at all. especially if you are going to think about the first days of withdrawing… that was hell… I mean… I am not going to go into every single little detail about it all as I already see that it's already a way too long post, but I did have read somewhere that the withdrawal it is some kind of a mix between an opiate and benzo withdrawal… well, taking in consideration how I was feeling and knowing what's the opiate and what's the benzo withdrawal… I do tend to agree with this. in other words to make it a bit clearer - it's indeed hell.

and so, since I am a person who has been on Lyrica for quite a while and generally knows something about it (from the research I've done and from personal experience) I can help someone out there who is thinking about trying Lyrica. generally, if there is anyone out there who is thinking about using Lyrica or maybe already uses Lyrica or you are a person who is trying/ thinking about getting off of it then I can tell you that I do have quite a decent amount of knowledge and some tips in order to get through all of it. having that said, please write me and I am going to try to do my best to help. so if you do need some help/ advices/ recommendations etc. etc. just let me know and I will try my best. I would be very happy to assist in any way that I just can. reason is that I do know what it is Lyrica and I know how hard it can be.

also wanted to say… I'm sorry as I do realize that this is not answering your question in a direct way, however I really went through hell and I know what's that, so I would love to help someone, at least one person out there that really needs help. when I went through that… I needed help, everyone does. and also, I do know that this might seem to be a bit of off topic and I would understand if mods would decide that this is not the right place for my post but please - do not delete it as people who need help with Lyrica can see it. thank you very much and hope you're all gonna be safe.
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by DixonK.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #2921 by RainTree
RainTree replied the topic: Lyrica, pregablin thread
wow… thank you very much for that post, I appreciate it a lot… so much useful information. I never knew that you are feeling any withdrawal symptoms by coming off of it… what kind of symptoms do you feel? thanks for letting me know… I have been originally prescribed it for anxiety and I have been taking it along with the benzos, however in the end this turned to be a bad decision as I have had a pretty severe fall which was resulting in some very bad nerve issues. well… eventually I just want to come off it, of course, as I do not want to be on this thing for the rest of my life, however, you said that there are withdrawals and from your post I see that those withdrawals are really hard to get off but I do not want it to be so so hard to get off when that time is going to come around and I would need to get cleared. thanks again… you see this seems to be just another drug that it is addictive I have been told. so far, thanks for everything. write me privately if you still want to help.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds