LL’s are going to show criminal background?

More
1 year 7 months ago #2247 by BoweSer
BoweSer created the topic: LL’s are going to show criminal background?
Hi all. I’m new on this site and generally I am new to the IOP community so I would really like to ask you not to be harsh on me as I do not know a lot of things, like for example I do not know whether is getting a LL means that I am going to show up on a criminal background checks? I ask this because I have got lucky enough for my first letter to be disappeared in the endless abyss, which is also known as the NYC customs. I am nearly all 100% sure that by this current time, it is seized and I am almost sure (like I am feeling it, lol) that the LL is coming to my way right now and it can be here any moment now. so well, what I am wondering right now is that in case (better said when) that LL is going to arrive to me (or when it got sent) does it get somewhere marked on some sort of database, criminal database, on me? as much as you understood, I am more specifically interested whether or not is this going to show up on something like a criminal background check? Am I going to be seen from now on as somebody who “broke the law”?

Is there somebody or anybody who have ever received a LL (quite sure there are people) but then have it show up on a background check? Whatever the answer is (yes or no) I would really appreciate if you would tell me how do you know that your information is true?! how do you know that you indeed are or you are not on that criminal background check? Thank you very much for your answers in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2251 by Minnie
Minnie replied the topic: LL’s are going to show criminal background?
Hi there and welcome on the forum, to give you an short and exact answer to your question: NO. stay calm because you are not going to be on any criminal background checks! In fact, it is believed (even though I can’t say anything for sure about this one) that there is not even a database of the LL’s sent. I mean, they do not even note that they already have sent you one, 2 or 10 LLs. But this is not something to be sure about. What you can be sure about is that medicine it is not the only thing that customs seizes and you’ve got to keep this in mind! but assuming that it is the worst scenario and they do have a database about it then still no reasons to get worried since it is not an arrest and it is not a conviction. Nobody judged you! there is absolutely no reason for that LL to show up in a background check and just think about it logically: it will appear – “tried to purchase medications?!” but anyway, let me give you a little picture and an example of this. there is my friend who has ordered some trinkets form China, some novelty items, in bulk to resell them and obviously to make some money. however the customs have seized them. my friend did not know that anything has been amiss with the novelty items they were only little light up gadgets. So, customs sent their standard letter we all get, saying that if you want them then come and get them from them, but if you don’t, then they are going to be destroyed. So well, just imagine yourself that something like this is going to show up on a criminal background check… don’t you find it stupid? That’s silly! So well, it has been a seized item due to the fact that it has been something about that harmless item that did not made it admissible according to customs rules, pretty much exactly like that medicine that we are ordering online every day. nothing more. besides, you also need to remember that there are people (some of which I know personally) who have received several LLs, some of them more than 10 LLs and still nothing more.

One more and last thing… I can attest to the fact that having a criminal record (I am talking about something way more than simple traffic violations) it is having absolutely no influence or any changes on the LL…

More
1 year 7 months ago #2254 by BoweSer
BoweSer replied the topic: LL’s are going to show criminal background?
hey there Minnie, thank you very very much for your response and for anecdote! I really do appreciate the reassurance and trust me this is very important for me, thanks again for taking your time answering my question.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2256 by Brook
Brook replied the topic: LL’s are going to show criminal background?
Yes, definitely Minnie is right on that so you can be sure that you are NOT going to get any problems and that you are not going to appear anywhere from getting those LLs. I have received multiple LLs since I am ordering abroad and I have applied for permits that are checking all of the LE as well as federal databases and I have had no issues at all which means that they didn’t see that I’ve got any LLs. So in case it is true that they do have a database in which they write that you’ve got LLs (how many, on which date, why etc.) then that database stays only there and they are not sharing it anywhere else (but indeed, it is quite possible that they do not have a database of this either). there’s one sure thing that is really sure: there is nothing for you to be worried about so stay calm.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2257 by JessNolan
JessNolan replied the topic: LL’s are going to show criminal background?
No, they are not going to show up anywhere! I have had a handful back in my day and I have had my problems with the law. They do not show up due to the fact that they do not have any proof as long as you did not return the LL back to them and you did not admit that it has been your package. Just think if you really did not ordered anything and you’ve got a LL. Somebody made a mistake… the person would show up as a criminal when somebody accidentally wrote his name? really doubt about that. plus, customs and DEA are definitely not going to waste their funds and time trying to chase down somebody halfway across the country only for a small amount of pills. so you can stay calm as there’s no reason for you to get worried.

More
1 year 7 months ago #2258 by Gertrude
Gertrude replied the topic: LL’s are going to show criminal background?
Oh hell no, they definitely do not appear anywhere… if it did then I really do not think that the criminal justice system could keep up with it. exactly as it has been already said by somebody up there, you just do not need to admit or god forbid to try to get that package from them because if you do it then there are chances that you would be showed up in the criminal background check! But yeah, I do know very well how scary it is when you are getting your first LL because, of course, I was also very scared when I have got mine. I definitely freaked out but then later I have realized that there is absolutely nothing to be worried about. so don’t be afraid, it is all fine!

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds