insurance or/and pharmacy troubles

More
1 week 1 day ago #3136 by Andeve
So, hi al. I am having a medication set to be filled tomorrow. The original script has been for 60, I have been broke at the time and so I have picked up only 20 of them, I have had to wait the 8 days due to the fact that they (I mean, the CVS) were not allowing me to pick up the rest 40 the next day so…
If this makes any changes then the medication that I have to get is a schedule III, it is fioricet with codeine. And so, I got to the pharmacy and I am asking them about how much it is going to be when I pick it up tomorrow?
As a response I got that she is not even able to view the price until the date… I mean, I just wanted to find out the price and that’s it. and when I am going to take it tomorrow. Why is that?? Someone has experience in regards to this?
If she has told me that the insurance is saying tomorrow, is this accurate, why would it be if she cannot see the price and she is asking me to call and to schedule it to be filled?!
I’ve got to mention here that this thread (or this question or whatever) is it not of a great importance at all, however I am just curious to find out an answer and I just don’t know where else I can ask this question to get an answer to this question. It’s just strange for me so I thought that maybe you could help. Anything in this regard is going to be helpful and very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #3137 by VanSciver
Not an expert here either but I am thinking that it could be due to your insurance, I am thinking that maybe the clerk just cannot tell you how much it is going to be until she is going to be able to fill it. the computer’s program or call it whatever you want. This is how it is working at my local one, not a CVS either…

More
1 week 1 day ago #3138 by Derek
Hey there OP. I am going to try to help although I am not an expert. I try to help based on my experience at CVS so based on this, there are some certain medications like those that are being controlled (as yours), for example, that cannot be scheduled or to be filled on a particular date as stated by the insurance. That’s what your insurance said to do. So for a claim submitted, there are just sometimes when the insurance is going to let the pharmacy know it is early, however it is going to be covered on a particular date. However, just in case we are talking about a controlled medication you want to get (and as much as we see, that’s the case), the system is not going to allow the worker to schedule it for that date, and to my opinion this is a little bit inconvenient for both the patient and for the worker as well, to be honest.
However, as soon as the worker is processing the claim on the date is being covered then, pretty much as it has been mentioned by the previous commenter, they are going to, of course, know how much it is going to be. as until then, they simply do not… and as I said, that’s your insurance’s orders. Hopefully this answers your question. Wishing you all the best!

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds