Docs know about every rx you fill?

More
2 months 1 week ago #2797 by Boyter
hi everybody. I am living in Texas and not so long ago I have overheard the nurse telling to another patient that the doctor was not going to fill her prescription anymore due to the fact that she has seen where she has had gotten the same medication filled by another doctor a few days ago which means that she was taking more meds than should. after I've heard that I couldn't get this thought off my mind and I was always wondering either or not they can see all of the prescriptions that I have filled?! I mean, do they know about all of them? if that's true then can you please tell me… is there any way that we could hide them? LOL… I do know that this might be impossible but if there is the slightest chance then please tell me how. the reason why I am asking this is that I had been to a different doctor and I have got my medication and only then I have decided to switch to the doc that I see now so I really wanted to know. please. anything in this regard is going to be very appreciated. thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #2798 by Jusight
hey there OP, I am not an expert but I do know a little bit about this so I am going to try helping you with whatever I can and I know. I've got to say that I am not very sure about the specific prescription monitoring program of Texas since you said that you are there, however I do know that each state (only with the exception of Missouri which isn't so important) is having its own prescription monitoring program that it is operating in numerous capacities. so, any attempt to subvert the monitoring program would most likely constitute prescription fraud which I doubt you want this to happen to you.

More
2 months 1 week ago #2799 by Antict
hey OP, yeah, I do believe that Texas it is using the standard Rx monitoring database. however, since it all must be introduced by hand then they seem to run a little bit behind and therefore, you usually have approximately 2 or 3 weeks from the fill before it is going to show up on the database, if this is going to be helpful to you with anything. but that's all and I am more than sure that you can't hide it. unless they are going to make a mistake which I also doubt. the thing is that you fill the prescription and then they put it in the database so that's how they know about where, when and what you have taken.

in fact, I can tell you the following: I have had to get the hydro cough syrup while in the TX. the pharmacist there has taken my DL, she did not even touched the script, she simply walked over to the computer and has put in all of my information from my DL. then I've seen that she has started to laugh and said to the tech and even though she wasn't near me, I still could clearly hear her saying: 'wow, this is the very first time all this past week when I have pulled somebody who is does not having anything filled by anybody'. that was… strange to hear.

this has been at a large chain. and so, it is not the fact that only your doctor is checking but even the pharmacies as well. this has been like this for a lot of time, but now we're in 2017 which makes it even easier for them to see it all.

and now one last thing that I want to say is that if you were not double dipping your new doctor most likely won't care. if you have went to your old doctor, you have got a script filled and you have went to the new doctor and you have got a script filled within that period where the first doctor prescription should have covered you then I warn you - you are going to be looked at as doctor shopping and that's gonna lead to problems… from as much as I know, I can tell you that there is no body who really cares why you have seen 2 different doctors and got pain medications within the time period that would show you had 2 scripts for the pain medications (or anything out there that it is controlled) at the same time, if you did it, it is pretty hard to explain. this is because there is nobody who would believe you in the 'I just did not like the first doctor so I have went to the other doctor'. and I am not trying to say it is not true, maybe it is like that, however I am just trying to say that they are hearing such kind of stuff a billion times per day so I doubt that they are going to choose between who is right and who is not.

if you truly have made a slip and you have not taken the medications from one of them then you still might stand a good chance of taking the first doctor's scripted medications into the second doctor's office. If you haven't then you are safe, but if you did then do it and tell them what you have done, tell that it was an accident, that you are sorry and that you can RETURN them if that is what is required. you've got to do this before they are going to ask you about it. but sooner or later they will. so go and fix it before it is not too late. you are going to stand much more chances that they will believe you if you would be honest and tell them yourself everything. wish you were safe. good luck and don't be stupid and don't make such mistakes. is 2017 outside, they know everything about you.

More
2 months 1 week ago #2800 by Grise
oh yeah, that is true, they are checking it all and there is no way that you can hide it or something as long as you fill prescription to a pharmacy. they do find out about this. I personally am in PNW (Dux and Beavers) and each time when dropping off script I must show ID! pretty ridiculous for hydro 5/325 mg if you ask me. so if you have already done it then I suggest you to listen to the person who previously posted and do like that, you would stand better chances I think. good luck

More
2 months 1 week ago #2801 by Webbb
well, here in Texas at least, if there is my insurance that pays anything toward the prescription then that information it is very easy for a doctor or office staff to be found and seen. I do know it very well because it has happened to me with a FNP at CVS. be sure that it is like that. I only wanted to get some bactroban for an insect bite that I have had on my face (and she has seen that bite on my face) but still she reads the medications that I am taking and she gave me a real interrogation there! I didn't say anything, but then I finally had to put a stop to all of that and I have said her that I only wanted some god damn bactroban for my face! I've told her that either tell me yes or tell me no but this is my only reason for talking with you any further! she has only given me some tetracycline and I have went home and I have filled up 2 complaints and then soon later another one when her employer has sent me a customer satisfaction survey! I couldn't believe that this is even possible!

and so, now, if we are only talking about your regular routine medications then it may just be up to your insurance and well… the office is also being connected here so digitally speaking. the medications that are in schedule V - II can be confirmed by the office as well through the 'Prescription Access in Texas' system that it is keeping your records online for one year! they have a log in for the 'authorized users' and the site is texaspatx com. I do know what you are talking about as it is really scary!

More
2 months 1 week ago #2802 by Boyter
well.. to those who took it for real… I have been joking about hiding the prescriptions, it is obvious… I do know that you can't… I have been really curious about it! plus I can say that I really do love the doctor that I am now having and I am having no plans to leave her, at least no anytime soon!

another thing in regards to the insurance, I do not have one and that is why I am paying cash! and lastly, I did have noticed that there are other states that have the prescription monitoring program, however I was not very sure about either Texas has or not. thank you very much for the valuable information you shared!

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds