When you're given the wrong meds

More
1 month 5 days ago #2974 by Clumadich
Hi there everyone, I would like to get a little bit of your help in regards to medications and more specifically, since I post this post here – antipsychotics. Well, I must start off by saying that I have been prescribed by my doctor a LOT of different and various anti psychotics for my anxiety disorder. However, unfortunately, even though I really do try to give them the benefit of the doubt and to take them for at least one full week or so, they are still always failing to work for me, they are never helping me out regardless of which medication I take and this is why I stop to use them anymore. I just can feel that they are not working properly for me and plus to that, I guess you do understand when I say: I know my own body and mind better, and so, I do… that is why I also know that these medications can do more harm for me than good, or at least, that’s in my humble but honest opinion. Of course I don’t know how other anxiety sufferers people are feeling about this, however I personally can feel and I nearly am sure that personally for me, I need one good anti anxiety medication and not all of those anti psychotics that my doctor is used to put me on. In fact, once again, in my humble but honest opinion, I believe that those medications can make an person who suffers from anxiety to suffer even more and to make this condition even worse… I hope that I am wrong here because if that’s true then, considering how much and how many anti psychotics I have used – my condition got so… worse now…
Well, I am going to make a list here with at least some of those anti psychotics that I have ever been prescribed by my GP for my anxiety condition. I say at least some because I just can’t remember the names of some others anti psychotics out there. But I did used the most popular ones such as – Quetiapine, Olanzapine Teva as well as Solifenacin and others. However… I do understand now that this is what most of the GPs are like now… these days… when it is coming down to prescribe benzodiazepines… I do realize the risks of taking benzos but let’s face it – anti psychotics do not have risks? Plus to that, I have a feeling like my GP perfectly understands that a benzo would work a lot much more better for me (I really think that it would) whoever he still doesn’t want to give it to me regardless… now I am feeling like it is asking them for Class A’s for God’s sake! And so… now, I must say that I will surely try my best to stay the fu*%$ away from such medications and not to use them anymore because I do know now very well that they are not helping and when I feel know very well that an effective anti anxiety medication is what I need. So what do you think? Does everybody else find it so hard to get your doctors to prescribe anti anxiety? I find it stupid to give anti psychotics instead of anti ANXIETY when you have ANXIETY. I mean, only the name says it all! I’m not psychotic, I am anxious!

I would really appreciate if someone could say more on this, I would be interested in hearing someone else’s experiences and opinions on this subject here. Do you get benzodiazepines? How you get your doc. to prescribe them to you? someone else here takes antipsychotics instead of anti anxiety when you have anxiety? Does they work for your condition? If not, what do you plan to do? Anyway, has any of you here been down the same road here? What can you say? Thanks for everything!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago #2975 by Exan1977
Hey there OP… yeah, it surely does sounds to me like your doctor is not taking you down the right road here and I can’t understand why your doctor isn’t going to ‘the next step’ when he sees that you’ve taken so many antipsychotics for quite a while now and that they were all useless. I mean, I do can understand trying one or lets say 2 of those atypical antipsychotics for trying to deal with anxiety, however, since… for as much as these things are not being considered to be an effective anxiety treatment (and nor are they being approved by the FDA for a proper treatment of anxiety, or at least that’s how it was the last time when I have checked it out), your doctor, I think, really should have already moved you on to a completely different class of drugs by now and I can’t understand why he hasn’t done it yet. As I said, I do know that often doctors are firstly trying to put their patients with anxiety on anti psychotics medications to at least see if they work or not. Since I am a fellow anxiety sufferer, my doctor, of course, also put me on anti psychotic drug. He has put me on Seroquel for my anxiety and as it was for you, it turned out not very good…. And then approximately half a year or so ago, my doctor has suggested to give that medication one more try and see how it would work this time… but I did told him flat out that I won’t do it and that I won’t take that stuff again. What I am trying to say is that besides the fact that it is not really doing very much to help me out (if it does anything for me) Seroquel is known to be one of the most sedating stuff.. and I’m not an exception here… it was way too sedating for me in order to be able to function properly on it. I have read threads and reviews written by other people in regards to Seroquel and I saw them saying that they were suffering from insomnia for the biggest part of their live and nothing helped them. No anti anxiety and no sleeping aids. Only Seroquel. Seroquel is so sedating that it is the only thing that is able to put them to sleep. That’s for chronic and severe insomniacs. If you’re not suffering from severe insomnia then I doubt that you could resist the seroquel’s sedating effect. Other anti psychotic medications, although not as sedating, also merely work for anxiety. If it does, I say that you must stick with it, but if it does not then move on.

Generally, from as much as I know, with the anxiety… the medications that docs choose to go are the SSRIs, Buspar, Neurontin, Propranolol, then maybe just one antipsychotic (most often Seroquel, but not all docs do it), maybe some other few stuff here and there and in case nothing of all these listed does help you really good as they should then they are generally going to the last resort of benzodiazepines. But refusing to change from anti psychotics to something else when you have anxiety that really sounds to be stupid! I do understand your doctor being afraid of benzos, lately more doctors are afraid of them… but maybe you’ve gotta ask your doctor about such medications like for example Neurontin? That’s since this thing does have some really good success in some people for their anxiety (at very least, to a limited degree)… however the good part here is that this is not a controlled substance and this is the reason why it does not really look like you are a drug seeker or anything in this matter and it is much easier to get it as your doctor shouldn’t be afraid of it… I do understand you either, it is obvious that you just don’t want to flat out go and tell to your doctor that you need benzos, it would surely look as if you’re a drug seeker. I wouldn’t do it either. In short, if your doctor continues like that and won’t get you off anti psychotics and won’t try other stuff then I’m by your side and I agree with you, but, to be honest, I do not see any other option for you at this point than to simply go and to search for a new doctor. Remember that another doctor has another opinion which means that the other one might be more open to benzo prescription. Or at least would try something else. In short, try to either make this current doctor give you something else without looking like a drug seeker or either go search for another doctor. Good luck!

More
1 month 2 days ago #2976 by Clumadich
hey there, thank you very and very much for your post and for taking your time to help me out. Yeah indeed… they are completely refusing to prescribe me any other anti anxiety medications for me although I do have anxiety. I also must say here that I do get 15 mg of diazepam per day however I can feel that this dose of this medication it is no where near enough for me right now for this condition I have. By the way, I must say here that I just have got my package of prazolex 1 mg which is alprazolam, it was a few hours a go and I have already tried one. I can say that these ones are surely much better. Alprazolam is an anti anxiety substance and it does work amazingly well for me. As I said, I can feel it. They are very good. The prazolex. Truth is that they are not exactly as good as the other alprazolam branded name ‘Xanax’ which I have tried in the past and I saw that it is one of the most popular anti anxiety stuff. To be honest, I would really wish to get it prescribed because alprazolam helps amazingly well, but branded Xanax I think would be perfect… that is the medication that I am searching to get prescribed.. or at least to get a source for it… if I would get a source for that stuff that would be amazing and it would make me a lot much more happier. Thanks again for everything..

More
1 month 1 day ago #2977 by Exan1977
Hi again, I am very happy to see that they are giving you at least some kind of benzo at least… that’s because I imagine that it would be even much more harder for you without that. And although I do understand why you said that it is not enough, I am glad to see that they give you at least any thing at all. Whatever, I still wanted to ask you… have they ever tried you on any of the other medications that I have mentioned them earlier above in my post? At least any? I also can tell you that generally, benzos are those ones that are working, of course, the best, however, they are not given immediately because they have many risks either and plus to that, benzos can work better if you are on some other anti anxiety medication(s) that it also helping you in getting your anxiety reduced at least a little bit. Plus to that, I must tell you that even though I personally do rely mostly (mainly) in my Klonopin (clonazepam) and Xanax (alprazolam) for the anti anxiety effects, I do know very well that both the Neurontin and the Paxil that I am using on a daily basis are also both helping me to reduce my anxiety as well, even though it is on a much smaller scale than those. By the way, besides all these 4 medications for anxiety that I just mentioned, I am also being given by my doctor Buspar and my doctor seriously thinks that this one is helping me a lot with the anxiety as well, however, to be honest, I am having some really serious doubts that it does, though I might be wrong…

I also must add here that in case you have been using this benzo diazepam for a while now and the doctor still refuses to get your dose a little higher then most likely you should check if he is going to simply change your medication, to change it to an equal dosage of a different medication (different benzodiazepine). I’m not trying to say that this surely is going to be the key answer to your problem, but there are some situations in which this can help pretty much and that’s because your tolerance will largely but not completely carry over to that new medication you would be prescribed.

Also, in regards to the sources, look at the pharmacy section on this site, you’re going to find something that fits your wishes, or I hope so.

More
1 month 6 hours ago #2978 by Clumadich
thanks again for trying to help me, I appreciate that very and very much. Also, trust me… I have already tried not even once to get any other medication for my anxiety to at least check how that ‘other’ medication would work. In fact, I can tell you that actually I have been at the doctors office today (I’ve been there because of my other health issue) but I did touched this problem and when I have asked about my anxiety then guess what? It is the exact same thing. To be honest… I am so tired of all of this that I do not even try anymore as I do know very well that all of this is useless… maybe I am going to be able to find something myself and then I would treat myself properly. Thanks again for all your advices and thanks for recommendation. I will take a glance at the pharmacies.

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #2979 by Nower
Hello everyone here. I just wanted to ask… does the Prazolex that you said you are taking have that alp taste?? The reason that I am asking this question is that this is one of those things that has bothered me about some of the Indian alp that I have purchased and that’s really annoying, so I would really like to find out whether it does have that taste or not. It didn’t have that bitter taste, and just in case you don’t know what’s that then it surely didn’t had it otherwise you would have noticed it – it is really bitter. Even those Xanors that I have purchased were not having that bitter alp taste for some really strange reason that I still cannot explain nowadays. But those were knocking me out. So I am now asking for Prazolex and I would like to get as much information as it is possible. And why do you think that Xanax is better? What criteria? And as for Klonopin, to be honest, I wouldn’t even want to get a prescription for that stuff as I don’t like it (yeah, of course, I did tried it). And to be honest, not even for Lorazepam either. I don’t like that too… but well… fine, I would agree to give me a Lorazepam script instead of nothing, but I still prefer much more Alprazolam. What I am sure and what’s so sad for me is that I do know that they are never going to give me a Xanax script, unfortunately. I think that I would really need to have everything I was going to say… and instead they just decided to give me a Neurontin and Vistaril script. Oh… what a joke… and yeah… talk about wrong medications for anti anxiety. I do understand perfectly what you mean… sadly

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds