Flexeril vs Tizanidine

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #2988 by Rivera
A while back I have been given a script by my doctor for the flexeril muscle relaxant and then I’ve been said by the same doctor that they are not going to any longer have it and that’s gave me some typeof a long generic that it is starting with something like Cyclobenzapine or I am not sure, something in that matter. But I’ve gotta say that I have found one on the former AMC which is being called Tizanidine (I guess, not sure the spelling of it) which is in 2 mg. the reason I brought it up is that when I am taking 2 mg of those things, it is having pretty much the same effects on me. I also should say that besides the old AMC group, I am not very sure who else is having it. is there someone who can give me a little bit of more information on this? I would appreciate it all. Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #2989 by Eave198
Hello there OP, seemingly, from as much as you described, what you have got it is Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride… is that true? if that’s true then you need to know that this thing is just the exact same medication as it is Flexeril, it is actually Flexeril because Flexeril it is only a name and it is made of that substance, the name is given by the manufacturer which is Merck and Co., Inc. one of the biggest pharma company in the world. However, they have already taken it off the market a while back (not sure where you have still found it btw) due to the fact that they have found more than 65 negative side effects associated with it (you can do a bit of research on this yourself and see, but if you’re interested I can share only a few which are: dizziness, aggressive behavior, headache, muscle twitching, abnormal heartbeat, hallucinations, hepatitis, agitations, convulsions, some had severe allergic reactions, confusions and a lot other) and they have had a conclusion that it has bene pretty much not effective in combating true pain management from the muscle spasms patients were getting. From as much as I have read about this thing, they said that it is only as effective as aspirin it is, however with, as you can see, a lot of more side effects and more severer side effects. to me, the severity and the number of those side effects is truly astounding, frankly, and including that it is being structurally close to the tricyclic antidepressants and therefore it may very well cause some of the same dangerous side effects and that’s especially applying to the older patients. And as if all of those negatives associated with this drug are not enough… it has also been proven to be addictive too.

That’s just too much and that’s a fact. But even so, there are still a lot of people swearing that it is a helpful medicine, from as much as I could find. I just don’t know if it has worked specifically for you… did it? you didn’t mentioned this in your post. If that’s so, then I would say that Zanaflex it is recommended for you as a superior alternative (if you cannot go holistic) from as much as I know. The Tizanidine (Zanaflex) it is centrally acting a2 – adrenergic agonist. This thing is being used in order to treat the spasms, the cramping as well as tightness of the muscles that are being caused by medical issues such as multiple sclerosis, back pains as well as some kind of certain injuries to the spine. Just in case you can go holistic (and I say this because be sure that not everyone can, in case you do) the skullcap as well as valerian root are anti spasmodic herbs and I think that it is important for you to know and give them a try. The bromelain taken between meals as well as eicosapentaenoic acid (which is fish oil) are some very good natural anti inflammatories which you would want to give them a try, for sure. I wish you all the best and I hope a lot that you are going to be pain free as I know how hard it is to live with pains. Have all my best wishes!

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #2990 by Eave198
Eave198, you have no idea how thankful im for your very valuable information I got. Well, I have got to say that the tizanidine, so far, is working well for my back pains so I am thankful it does. The only problem that I so far encounter is that it is making me really really sleepy and that is why I have no other choice than to take it at night so it both helps me sleep and be pain free.
But generally I am just having so so much pains that I can barely deal with it (back and feet from the plantar fasciitis I just found out that I have had) and when we have got a new mattress a couple of years ago I have been thinking extra firm should be great, but unfortunately for me, it is not. My husband is always keeping on telling me that we should go to the mattress store and to choose something that might be somehow more helpful for me. I have been watching QVC the other day with their sleep number bed. The prices are indeed pretty high, however they were still a lot much more less than the Sleep Number store… but the problem here is that you’ve gotta put it all together all by yourself… not very sure but I can guess that this is the actual reason why it is of a low price. And as you can guess, there is no way that I could put a bed all together by myself, and my husband cannot either with his condition as well…. Then there’s also my son which, due to all of that extremely heavy work that he is doing, has got a tempurpedic and he has told me he just has picked out the cheapest one they have had and he is really happy with his decision, the problem is that he is nearly 30 years younger than I am. I should mention here that we went on cross country move and we have stopped at a hotel where they agreed with dog (all the rest hotels didn’t). seemingly that was good that we stopped there because that’s where we have found out about the mattress, about the tempurpedic mattress which has been really comfortable from my memory and that is why I have been thinking that most likely I am going to be looking into that.

Oh… I am so sorry, I just have realized that I have went so off topic here… but anyway, since we’re already here.. is there anyone who might have some bed suggestions for me and my needs? Maybe you know which ones are better? In case we are going to decide to go with the Sleep Number then we are going to pay pretty much more for it, but at least we are going to let them do both the removal of the old mattress and the set up of the new one which is something none of us can do ATM. The old one isn’t very old BTW, however it is not comfortable at all. So I recommend you people to pay attention to what kind of bed you purchase.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds