help with methocarbamol please

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2991 by Undone
I have some questions that I would like to ask about, mostly because I’m going a little confused about the situation that I have at the moment and I would like to clarify it. So the thing is that I have a degenerative disc disease and in addition to this I have a cervical disc removal or so called fusion some years ago. After I have passed through some surgeries my doctor examined me and told me that actually I have to go with soma for the muscle spasms, he knew that it will help me and generally speaking I haven’t experience any big troubles. It was just a little bit uncomfortable just when talking about some exact situations like when I just could see the muscles spasm under my skin. My doctor told me that soon this will pass away and he was right this was the only thing that I have experienced through my soma administration. So my truly problems starts when I just passed through my right shoulder trauma which have started a strange reaction on my body, which I would like to eliminate because it’s really disturbing. I just thought that some muscle relaxants can actually help a lot, mostly because the trouble is related with my muscles. I have heard so many thing about a drug called Methocarbamol, and I still don’t know what to think about this one, mostly because all the reviews that I have found on different sites are mixed, some people are totally for this drug, and they are swearing that the drug is something that really help and helped them a lot in a lot of different situation. Other people are totally against the drug mostly because of a lot of side effects that it can create not because the bad effectiveness on the body. So I’m here, I really want to hear your opinion, and generally because I trust you, you’ve helped me so many times and this is very important for me to know your opinion. Also I would like you to compare this drug with soma. I would be really happy too with you’re going to recommend me some other drugs in order to have more options. The Methacarbamol is a drug that I mentioned just because I have heard a lot about this one and just wanted to know your opinion, but if you have something better instead I’ll be really happy to know about. Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2992 by Eave198
My experience with Methocarbamol is something that I even don’t know how to describe. I have had severe back pain, something that I can’t even relate to you, this was insupportable for me and I really needed something to help me instantly, because I couldn’t move and generally couldn’t even lay on my bed normally. Second reason why I was prescribed to take this one was because of leg pain that appeared later and my doctor told me that both of them were linked and that one thing prescribed will be able to help me with both problems. So the thing is that I have used methocarbamol for about 2 weeks and after this I just couldn’t resist anymore because of the pain that I have experienced and decided to talk with my doctor again. The thing is that they’ve done nothing for me literally. They were like taking a piece of sugar and to experience nothing. I think that sugar is even better because at least it got a taste. After those 2 weeks full of nightmares my doctor passed me back to soma, for another couple of days. During the months that I have had back pain, leg pain and other types of pains that needed muscle relaxants I just have tried a lot of drugs and now I can truly say just by judging on my own experience which of them helped me and which not. So first of all Robaxin worked for me really good, I have heard bad reviews about it but not in my case, but still can’t compare it with soma. I have tried Flexiril, Baclofen and so on, so nothing was better than soma, I can’t say that they are not helping but I can’t compare these with the soma effectiveness. I’m still wondering why during all this routine and trying all the drugs, my doctor still turned me back to some. To make you understand I have tried a drug and just after seeing that it doesn’t work on me he sent me back to soma, tried another drug after some time and agina back to soma, and so on, after 4 or 5 drugs, he finally decided and me too that soma is the only one. I know that I can’t use it all the time, and thanks God I really don’t need it, because my pain doesn’t came every month and I have a little break between administrations. I don’t know what to say, the reviews are different and here you’re going to find a lot of other reviews concerning to this drug, but in my opinion is that you don’t have to pass from some to something else… trust me, you’ll never find something better. I even can’t understand why you’re searching for something else if this helped you?

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2993 by OmOk
I have had the same experience, and I’m wondering where you found so many positive reviews about this one. I understand the bad reviews they are quite logic but the positive are something impossible in my opinion. Methacarbamol is useless. Some is something really amazing and I understood this after I passed from this stupid drug to soma. I was really angry to my doctor that he decided to put me on this one, because he knew very well that I needed something that will be able to work instantly without any additional time to wait and so on. Of course after some time I just have had to switch to something else because I just started to become addicted to soma, and this was because my treatment was really long. Now I’m on Zanaflex, which is good, but not as good as Soma. I would like to switch back, but I understand the consequences. Fortunately for me I don’t have now that much pain and it is quite supportable, that’s why I can’t complain about Zanaflex. Just in case you have some severe pain, then Zanaflex is not for you. I have tried just these 3 types of drugs and Soma lasts for me the best one. I don’t know if there are some other drugs on the market that can work the same as Soma does but judging by the previous comment I can say that Soma lasts one of the best for many other people. Good luck.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2994 by DixonK
OMG I can’t even compare Soma to this shit. I have tried this and I understood that I have lost a lot of money and a lot of time by putting this so called “drug” in my body. I can’t understand for what kind of people this drug was created? If speaking about flexeril that some people mentioned here, in my opinion this was even worse than Robaxin… just awful, but I can’t judge this drug, because my doctor told me that this was the drugs reaction just on my body and I believe in this because I know a lot of people that have tried it and they are okay with it, so I think that flexeril depends on your kind of situation, in my case it didn’t worked. Besides the fact that flexeril didn’t worked on me I have had some bad experience with this one and I hated it. First thing that I couldn’t face was the irritated throat and incredible dry month. The throat was so irritated that I couldn’t even speak normally; it was like I was sick for about one month. The Robaxin was prescribed to me later after I told my doctor that flexeril isn’t working on me. Besides the fact that I didn’t worked on me it lasted a strange and awful taste in the month. I still consider that muscle relaxants are really a bad idea in case of severe pain and I think that they are much better for anxiety, because all the drugs that I have tried made me fall asleep as feel so relaxed.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #2995 by Ateres
I agree with all of you, robaxin isn’t worth to be compared to soma. The effectiveness of soma is really something that I think no one can deny. I have heard about some people that wrote really bad reviews about soma, but I think that these is more related to something that they have personally, or some ingredient found in soma that they can’t toletate. Robaxin was a little it effective but just sometimes and just a little bit for a really short period of time and I really felt the necessity to take more after a really short period of time like 2 hours. This was something impossible to pass over. Besides all of this, I was really scared about one side effect that I have experienced with robaxin that was the dark urine that I have had for some weeks. This was so strange, because I can swear I have never seen such dark urine in my entire life. The thing was that at the beginning I thought that there was something wrong with me and that my urine was just full of blood. After a test my doctor told me that this was my body’s reaction to robaxin, so he switched me to something else, and I was supposed to drink a lot of water to purify my entire body after this drug’s administration.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds