Codeine is so good?

More
1 year 1 week ago #2960 by Ateres
Ateres replied the topic: Codeine is so good?
What I know for sure is that codeine is doing amazing job for headaches/ migraines. It is amazing. I guess it has something to do with nervous system (I’m not an expert so I can’t know for sure) but I guess that because it always done a good job for me for migraines and it is even written on it that it affects nerves and can help (treat) neuralgia. As it has been said above, there is no pain killing stuff that affects all kind of pains and I do agree with that. There are some pains that you just can’t take codeine for. But I still think that codeine affects most types of pains since as it has been said above, codeine isn’t actually killing the pains, it is only hiding those pains. It gives the brain the signals as if you are not having any pains. This is why I think that for headaches it should be very effective. Or, then again, for me it surely is. I have been given codeine from my doctor by prescription for my migraines and it really does wonders. It is just the thing that I am not able to take fioricet (I am being allergic to butalbital), and so, this is the reason why codeine it is the best choice for me for my severe headaches that are not being helped by plainly taking an aspirin. in fact, I start thinking that the headaches are getting worse and worse for me because in the past, usually, aspirin was just enough to get me rid of headaches. Then later I have had to start using 2 aspirins in order to help me with the headaches just when until later doesn’t really matter how many aspirins I was taking – the migraines were still there and that is why I slowly started using codeine instead. I am just afraid that soon not even codeine would be enough to get me rid of those headaches…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #2961 by VanSciver
VanSciver replied the topic: Codeine is so good?
Umm… well.. can’t be doing with that bunged up feeling that the codeine is leaving you with when using it (or at least how it leaves me…), but still, in case I really do need it for some really big annoying pains I am still going to take it, surely I will. However, I must say that I do prefer tramadol instead of codeine due to the fact that it is not bungging me up as codeine. However I still must say that if here is anyone who is thinking that tramadol is having rec value and you are thinking about giving it a try then please, you should be really really careful (I tell you, play close attention to this) on how many of tramadol tabs you are using. Besides the fact that you can end up being addicted to it and/ or having some really unpleasant side effects, there is one side effect which is the worse of them all and I am talking about the thing that it is very well known nowadays that if you use too many trams at once you stand good chances to get seizures. And so I really doubt that you want to risk. Tramadol indeed can be really and really helpful but I have learned one thing: the biggest are the effects, the more helpful it is – the biggest are the risks of side effects and the worse are those side effects. In short, what goes around comes around. If taking an aspirin – the effects are little, the risk of side effects are little and the side effects themselves are nothing that scary. But heroin? The effects are enormous but what are the risk of side effects and what are those side effects at all. Everything’s like that. We just have to balance everything out. And to see what’s worth and what’s not.

I personally do take tramadol as I do think that it is worth, however I am trying to be super careful with them. I stick to the trams that my gp has prescribed only and nothing more, have luckily never had to go and look for them anywhere else and I would try my best not to take not even a pill more than needed… I am being able to get through the week by taking them around 3 times per week only and I really try (and hope) that this number isn’t going to get higher. I did have tried to learn a little bit about tramadol and I did learned something… I learned that getting addicted to tramadol and trying to get off it – that’s hell. I did have read horror stories that I personally surely do not want to get through. What I have read made the hair on my skin get up. It was more scarier to me reading all of that about tramadol than any horror movies. I SURELY do not want to go there and I am damn sure that I do not need to use it every single day.

More
1 year 1 week ago #2962 by Derek
Derek replied the topic: Codeine is so good?
Hello OP, I am not a medical professional or anything but from as much as I know, if you are being lucky enough in order to tolerate the codeine’s side effects and you are not an opiate tolerant person then I can say that this is a very effective pain reliever medication for moderated to severe pains, this is why there are people who chose it as their preferred pain killer. I saw someone saying that it acts similar to morphine and that’s true because it is metabolizing in the liver into morphine, it is just indeed milder than morphine, way milder. This stuff is very effective for diarrhea, IBS and plus to that, it is working well as an anti inflammatory medication and it is a lot much less problematic in terms of creating tolerance and dependence. I mean, there are such risks of getting addicted to it and there are risks of developing tolerance to it, however they are considered to be much slighter than, for example, morphine. That’s obviously because it is slighter in terms of how it works (pain killing properties). Maybe this would explain a little bit.

More
1 year 1 week ago #2963 by maiduc
maiduc replied the topic: Codeine is so good?
I used codeine a few hours ago. That’s because I have had a wart frozen today with liquid nitrogen. That stuff damn hurt like hell… I have been given 30 mg of codeine and it was not enough for me to erase the pains, however it simply softened it a little bit. However, ultimately I wouldn’t say that it has done quite such a good job because it is still throbbing right now. But luckily it did something, I imagine that it would be much worse without it. But I read that you can get high from using too much codeine so I guess that’s why so many people want it. The euphoric feeling.

More
1 year 1 week ago #2964 by BoweSer
BoweSer replied the topic: Codeine is so good?
To be honest… this is all a little bit confusing, at least for me. That’s since codeine it is the opioid in hydrocodone, which it is a lot much more stronger (at very least to me, but I did have read some other opinions on this and they said the same thing). I’m just a newbie in all these things but I still want to understand and that’s why I want to ask… are here any chemists that can explain all of this to a newbie like me? Thanks in advance !

More
1 year 1 week ago #2965 by CcCheryl
CcCheryl replied the topic: Codeine is so good?
Well, you know, this is not quite right: *That’s since codeine it is the opioid in hydrocodone, which it is a lot much more stronger (at very least to me, but I did have read some other opinions on this and they said the same thing).* or at least half of it. The correction would be that hydrocodone it is a semi synthetic drug and it can be synthesized (made) from the codeine, however, in the end the product (I am talking about hydrocodone, of course) it is being different from the codeine and exactly as you already has observed it, most people are finding it to be stronger than codeine. In short – hydrocodone it is derived in laboratories from codeine. Codeine is natural and hydrocodone is semi synthetic.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds