Bitcoin thread

More
1 week 6 days ago #3117 by Satho1986
Hello out there everyone, I would really like to talk about Bitcoins as I am thinking of using them but I am a complete newbie in Bitcoins. These ‘cryptocurrencies’ or whatever else are they, seem to get more and more popular and seemingly they are everywhere just over the night. So, obviously, I would like to ‘learn’ about them and start using them as well. Mostly that’s because there are a lot of good vendors out there that are using it currently and there are some of them who are even offering a discount if you are going to use bitcoins as payment method so that’s obviously attracting me. so, is there anyone out there who can help me with this? please? I would really like to talk to someone who has experience with this and to guide me on the process as I don’t have any friends or people around me who might help me with this. but I do know that there must be a lot of people here who are already using Bitcoins and that’s why I ask for your help guys.
I’ve gotta mention that I am quite confused here on how you are deposing your money into a bitcoin address or wallet and although I did found some info online, there is a lot of it, it is strange, unclear etc. so talking with a real person who can really guide me that would be actually helpful… can I just use a credit card in order to put my money in? will my money automatically convert in bitcoins?? As I said, it is all quite strange and unclear to me so please help… thanks in advance for any of your help/ share.
Not sure if this changes anything at all but I need to purchase ambien as soon as it is possible and I need it so fast, of course, because I need o get some sleep as soon as possible… and since I’m here I’ve got tos ay that my only couple of options out there seem to be the bitcoins only…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #3118 by MartinD
I perfectly understand what you are trying to say as I feel the exact same way as you do. Seemingly this bitcoin became popular and everyone started to use it just overnight. Like 2-3 years ago I haven’t even heard of it but now I see everyone accepts it as a payment method. That’s so strange for me. and because all this ‘transition’ took place so fast, I didn’t even had the time to learn it etc… but as you I would really like to try the bitcoin… however I am pretty hesitant since I have never done it ever before… I guess you know what I am talking about… these are just newbie nerves. Now I guess that I’ve got to try a small transaction at a retail site and then to work my way through it until I will understand it normally. I guess everyone started like this with a small transaction firstly and then started to work with ‘big money’. anyway, I would also like to talk with someone who has more experience with them so if I have any questions I know that there is someone who can help because exactly as you, I also don’t have anyone around me who can help me with bitcoins (in fact, I think that these youngsters know but I’ve never asked).

More
1 week 6 days ago #3119 by Imand195
Hey… I do remember when I have initially heard that there are some IOPs out there that are taking bitcoins and that they are even offering those discounts… this has been back in mid 2016 or so (one year ago), as soon as this happened I have started right onto researching it as much as I can as I realized that with this thing I might be able to save some money. through my research… when I have found what are they calling them ‘bitcoin dealers’ in my state of New York… to be honest… I have been really really surprised and very shocked! And it is not only the fact that they are extremely, extremely expensive to purchase them here (I guess that’s because since I live in New York, the demand is really big so it is expensive), but also the New York City government has made it so anyone who tries to do so needs to have a license that would allow them to sell/ trade those bitcoins! o_O WOW! That’s such a strange thing, at least for me.
And so, the far reaches of our government is not only stopping at the IOPs, however they are even going after the illegal bitcoin dealers around here who does not have that license to sell and trade… bitcoins! for me, to be honest, that’s strange.

More
1 week 6 days ago #3120 by Woolsey
I’m not an bitcoin expert but I did a bit of research on it and discussed with people who seemingly are experts in regards to this so after all of that I came to the conclusion that using bitcoins indeed can be a very good idea, especially to keep things more anonymous, however there are still some risks that you need to take… you just need to be very careful with a few different areas out there. often bitcoins makes you save/ gain money (especially with the last few months exchange rates where it went up and up so much), however there some exchanges that can be untrustworthy, shutting down and taking your money, quite sure no one wants this to happen. There’s also the risk that the value can fluctuate a lot according to the market and then again, the last few months occurrences only proves it. of course all those people who already had some bitcoins are happy to what happened the last few months (or in fact, I can say a year now) but don’t forget that the way it has grown up in the last year, the exact same way it can go down the next year so we don’t know… the fluctuating quota is a big risk in my opinion and the fluctuation is still there according to the market (it is not stable). Of course, it was a good deal to purchase bitcoins a year ago and ‘stockpile’ them up until this moment. It might still be a good idea to still ‘stockpile’ them for another year or to go buy some bitcoins, but it also might not be such a good idea because we don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow, not to mention next year. So given the examples I said earlier, ‘stockpile’ bitcoins could make you very rich, but also it is a risk as in a while it could be worth less than when you have purchased them. You never know because, as I have already mentioned it… the bitcoins value fluctuates a lot.

More
1 week 6 days ago #3121 by Whisenhunt
Well, I can remember checking them out when Silk Road came out and I have read all about them, everything I just could… and I remember I read that the owner of the Bitcoin has said that he would keep putting some new bitcoins onto the market month after month and then he would just stop doing it anymore, ever being put on the market and I also remember that he gave a specific date when he is going to finally and completely stop to ‘get out’ new bitcoins onto the market. I can also remember thinking that this is going to be many and many years away so I just kept putting off learning on how to purchase them and generally to purchase any of them at all. now… what’s very interesting is that, from as much as I can remember… that date of when he stopped to make new bitcoins already has passed away… been so stupid…. I am not quite sure though if that date already passed away, but that’s the info I get if my memory serves me right…
Whichever the case, this has been quite some years ago, many years ago, I guess… but the point is that I still do not have a clue on how to purchase them but you know… I’m such a stupid freak and that’s because I always remember that when I have firstly heard of them and when I have firstly put off learning on how to purchase the bitcoins, a bitcoin has been approximately $ 20 or so. I guess now you realize how mad I am at myself for not doing that… if I would have learned how to purchase some and if I would purchase at least some of them back then for only $ 20 for 1 bitcoin… oh… I kick myself because of this and each time when I think of bitcoins (like now), I get even more angry because back then they were $ 20 and now they are $2750 (just searched in google and fxxk but it grew again compared to the last time when I checked it).
And so, I am definitely going to learn how to purchase them right now as well because it just can’t go like that anymore…
What I have learned for sure is that when I am getting bitcoin is not to do any FE transactions on a marketplace which is standing for finalize early and this means that you are giving the seller the bitcoins before you are getting the item that you have purchased for those bitcoins. they are saying about not to do it and that’s unless you are 100% sure and absolutely trust the seller and the website from which you want to purchase anything you want. A normal transaction I using an Escrow which is a third party that is holding those bitcoins for both of you (normally the sites admin) until you are receiving the item and you are pressing the finalize button. But I also can see why there are some sellers who really do not want to rely on the buyers word for some items that are being available out there so there’s always this ‘risk’ but there must be ways of how to diminish them. Hopefully this is going to help.

More
1 week 6 days ago #3122 by Boyter
I have read a lot on the bitcoin so I have a little bit of an idea what actually it is and to be honest, I can see both sides of the argument… in the end, I really think that it comes down to what your needing it for mostly… in the end I think that this is what is going to determine if the bitcoin is right or it is wrong for you and your needs. With all this said, I would recommend bitcoin to some, but I would not recommend it to others, as I said, mostly depends on what is your need.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds