anxiety and depressive because unpleasant dreams?

StrongBrian

I'm noticing roughly for few weeks ago that between hours 5am and 10am i have vividly dreams that are everytime unpleasant.
i cant remember what exactly the dream was about but it was not a nightmare and when i wake up feeling tense, flat, sad, grumpy.
All this make me feel really bad during the day
Any idea what it could be?

Emma9

I'm noticing roughly for few weeks ago that between hours 5am and 10am i have vividly dreams that are everytime unpleasant.
i cant remember what exactly the dream was about but it was not a nightmare and when i wake up feeling tense, flat, sad, grumpy.
All this make me feel really bad during the day
Any idea what it could be?
Some medicines or a combination of medicines may cause vivid dreams. The only medicine that remember now is Wellbutrin but there are many others.
Additionally, the cause may be anything from stress to hormonal imbalance.
Better talk to a doctor and maybe will help you to find a medicine that is better for you because it certainly sounds like it is affecting your life in a bad way.

BigBoom

StrongBrian probably, you are depressed. In any case, you should not use medicines such as diazepam or clonazepam. Anti-depressive medicines may help you and dreamy-effects may definitely alleviate over time. Do not be afraid to tell your physician that a medication has worse effects than your symptoms. However, your doc may tell you that this med needs some time to begin work.

StrongBrian

mmm, i began using Zoloft a few weeks ago usually, in the morning half of tablet. I can't say that this medicine makes me feel different or better. furthermore, if I administer more than half, i can't sleep.

madbear

mmm, i began using Zoloft a few weeks ago usually, in the morning half of tablet. I can't say that this medicine makes me feel different or better. furthermore, if I administer more than half, i can't sleep.
I read information that people have dreams every day but we can't remember them. However, there is any connection between dreams and Zoloft?
I never used this medicine but I used to very rarely remember my dreams, perhaps a couple of them per month. Thereafter I started to use AD/serotonergic meds and what you think i started to have dreams (just remember them because until now I would not remember them so I never knew I had them). Moreover dreams become vivid and maybe there is a connection between AD drugs and dreams.

I just never expected it to be so vivid. My first dreams were mundane but I woke up shaken by them.
Then they got more extreme, flashbacks to previous times in my life not very pleasant and stuck with me most of the day. Now I'm not sure if this is normal or not because before I did not remember my dreams, however, they diminished over time or i think now I'm not moved by them. In any case this is not an uncommon side effect of AD meds I thought.
I would ask if you noticed any relationship between AD meds and unpleasant dreams?

cowboyway

hello everyone, i think that no one knows exactly what dreams are and there are many opinions on this. one thought is that a psychoactive medication called DMT, which naturally occurs in human and have receptors for it, release enough during the REM stage or sleep and off you go.

there is a substance called God molecule that could make your dream happy and joyous or a literal nightmare so real. It is hard to say what will determine how that dream will play out. this substance is known as Ayahuasca in South America and has been used for centuries if no longer.

however for me what you are describing was the regular repetition of the moments in my life where something caused one or more of the following emotions such as violence, humiliation, shame, guilty and others. after that i must think of when i close my eyes. it means that these emotions makes me feel live every moment i never consciously think of.

that's why i use Xanax and it helps me to sleep at night. that is not how you are supposed to go about life though. i have begun with a lower dose.

in your case StrongBrian you are dealing with certain problems that you are aware of. anyway you continue self medicate and you do not see reasons to listen others advice and you are waiting we can properly help you.

i know quite well psychology and pharmacology and as i see you refuse outside help. in any case it is your decision and if you choose opinion over science, I'm sorry to say that you go through on a daily basis will continue until you will find professional help.

everyone have some interior problems and for others it is harder to face the reality of their shortcomings. anyway i think you should realize of these imperfections and choose to fix yourself.

finally I'm not shaming you and tell you this from own experience. i self medicated half of my life and did shit my way. it gives you short term improvements.

however you can choose to let others outside help you like this forum or keep posting and get the same answers.

StrongBrian

hello everyone, i think that no one knows exactly what dreams are and there are many opinions on this. one thought is that a psychoactive medication called DMT, which naturally occurs in human and have receptors for it, release enough during the REM stage or sleep and off you go.

there is a substance called God molecule that could make your dream happy and joyous or a literal nightmare so real. It is hard to say what will determine how that dream will play out. this substance is known as Ayahuasca in South America and has been used for centuries if no longer.

however for me what you are describing was the regular repetition of the moments in my life where something caused one or more of the following emotions such as violence, humiliation, shame, guilty and others. after that i must think of when i close my eyes. it means that these emotions makes me feel live every moment i never consciously think of.

that's why i use Xanax and it helps me to sleep at night. that is not how you are supposed to go about life though. i have begun with a lower dose.

in your case StrongBrian you are dealing with certain problems that you are aware of. anyway you continue self medicate and you do not see reasons to listen others advice and you are waiting we can properly help you.

i know quite well psychology and pharmacology and as i see you refuse outside help. in any case it is your decision and if you choose opinion over science, I'm sorry to say that you go through on a daily basis will continue until you will find professional help.

everyone have some interior problems and for others it is harder to face the reality of their shortcomings. anyway i think you should realize of these imperfections and choose to fix yourself.

finally I'm not shaming you and tell you this from own experience. i self medicated half of my life and did shit my way. it gives you short term improvements.

however you can choose to let others outside help you like this forum or keep posting and get the same answers.
So I'm writing here for some feedback and opinions
however I'm not refusing outside help and still waiting for a psychologist to make first appointment with me for a diagnose and treatment.